Reactive Rover 101 ( Thurs June 27 @ 8)
Is Reactive Rover Class Right for your Dog?
The Intro level RR class is the best fit for dogs that:
* React by staring, barking, pulling and/or lunging towards other dogs when on a leash
* May be comfortable living with other dogs or interacting when leashes are off.
* Are Comfortable with most people and objects in the environment. (Dogs that react to multiple “triggers” often have trouble
in the class room setting.)
* Are not necessarily aggressive, but may be fearful and/or overly excited when they see another dog.
* Are able to focus on the handler and eat tasty treats (or play with a favorite toy) if other dog are 5′ to 35′ away.
* Are comfortable wearing a front- attachment harness (or in some cases, a gentle leader head halter).
* Live in a environment where they can be kept at a distance from other dogs during training
If your dog demonstrates reactive behavior to multiple triggers ( dogs, people, bicycles, etc.) we recommend that you pursue one-on-one training with a qualified trainer.
If you dog is having a difficult time with a specific dog (or dogs) in the home environment, we recommend that you pursue one-on-one training with a qualified trainer.
If your dog is truly aggressive toward other dogs and/or people (snaring,snapping,biting) we recommend that you pursue one-on-one training with a qualified animal behaviorist.
If your dog is distracted by small animals (Cats, squirrels, rabbits, etc.) the Control Unleashed Class may be a better fit.
This class is limited to 4 dogs- 6 classes First class is orientation/please do not bring your dog. The cost is $205.00
Must have first set of shots to attend. please send copy with your registration.
Amanda Boyd from Sidekick Dog Training will be teaching this class
If the weather turns ugly we will not have class, snow, ice, high winds, temps above 90. During this time please keep an eye on your email or please call me. 360-876-2426